Friday 5 February 2016

Giving elearning a shot!

Welcome to my first post on elearning.  I have just had an interesting session on elearning.  One of the exercises  is to think of problem in any of the areas that  I facilitate in where a  technological intervention can help. One of the things my students struggle with is  identifying and find relevant learning resources on their own. The students' generally rely on resources I give them or point them to. At the moment I have no idea what technological intervention to use.... I would have think about  and ask my colleagues if it is doable.  I would like the intervention to built-in in our weekly PBL tutorial sessions.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Enoch. Is this about the ability to do literature searches? At Stellenbosch, the library offers courses on that. In your case you may have to teach them yourself. More broadly, give the some advice on how to judge which online-sources are 'reliable'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is a great idea, when we did pbl at walter sisulu university we had the same struggles, they used their phones but i am not sure i helped them find useful sites. the books we had were so outdated, in rural areas ( like wsu ) its important to find ways to connect students to good online resources

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true. Many students would be happy to learn how to get reliable information that adds to their learning context.

    ReplyDelete